14 February 2023

Once again unto the breach, dear friends, once more.

 It's been quite some time since I blogged.  For those who followed my blog in the before times, you will recall that it was a mix of politics, humor, space exploration, and evolutionary biology.  I stayed away from the subjects in which I am trained, history and mathematics, thinking that if I was going to  write about them, it needed to be in a disciplined way for publication, not the slapdash, hipshot banter that was/is the language of my thinking out loud.

I've used Facebook for some of the sort of thing that I used to do, but for some reason, I find myself being very terse on Facebook.  I suspect that people don't read Facebook posts that require them to scroll very far.  If someone comes here to read these, I have the reasonable expectation that they don't mind reading my rambles.

So.  I think I'll give it a try again for a while.

A couple of remarks.  Important stuff gets hidden behind paywalls. There are ways around them. I would never encourage anyone to do something so underhanded.  Important stuff, the New York Times and  the Democrat-Gazette, gets hidden behind paywalls.  Paywalls are relatively easy to overcome.

I encourage comments.  But, keep in mind that this is my space.  If you say something that I don't want other people to have to look at, I'll just delete it.  I'm highly unlikely to delete something just because I don't agree with it, because it offends me, or because it's wrong.  I will delete and soon as I see anything that I think will hurt my friends.

2 comments:

Ariane Rose said...

Glad you're back.

tony said...

Thank you. Surely you didn't miss me. It's just a transcription of the shit I blather on about at the dinner table.