01 June 2006

The administration lurches from one crisis to another

Apparently, while I was in the hospital, Bush decided that we had to immediately send National Guard troops to protect our borders. Those would be the longest undefended borders in the world. And, apparently, The Gropenfuerher has been forcred, once more, to act like a Republican instead of the right-wing Democrat that he is.

What's so damned important about sealing off the Mexican border that I'm not getting? I suppose it's a Homeland Security sorta deal but I know, you know, and Bob Dole knows that we can't close the border with Mexico or Canada. We can't afford it.

Well, I guess I really do understand why it's the crisis of the moment. There's an election coming and they've screamed terrorist too often and they wore out the godless gays last time so this time it's going to be "Oh, my God, there are immigrants here!"


ITMFA

No comments: