16 November 2006

Day Break

I don't know from pop culture. My daugher had to tell me who Taye Diggs is.

But.

Despite some pretty awful dialog and some "wild-eyed animal" acting I found the central conceit of this show to be compelling. I watched with a little smile on my face because I knew that the details we were being shown in every shot were going to be coming up over and over for the rest of the series. I must say that the police hq has the biggest damned elevator I've ever seen and I don't see how people can stand it being lit from the bottom.

And if Detective Hopper continues to keep his injuries from the previous "day" when he wakes up every morning, there's probably not going to be a whole helluva lot of his left at the end of the series. He's taking beatings and getting shot and it doesn't go away when he has to start over. Which will probably be a big clue in the "uber-mystery" of how in the hell this can be happening.

Oh, and it made for two "Firefly" alumni in two weeks on ABC.

Last night's premiere episode can be watched at ABC's website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw the commercials for this, but didn't watch it, mainly cause haven't had access to live TV since May. But every time I saw the ad, I thought, "You know, when Bill Murray did this, it was supposed to be funny."

Guess I'll give it a try. I know who Taye Diggs is, at least. Maybe Tony needs to get his groove back. :)