28 November 2006

Th question is not "Can a Mormon be President?". The question is "How on earth do they plan to explain Mormonism and not get run out of the country?"

Mitt Romney is a Mormon. If he believes in the things that the LDS teaches, then he is batshit insane.

Am I the only one who thinks it is complete and utter madness for the GOP to even consider someone who beleives that God has a physical body and lives on a planet orbiting the star Kobol? Someone who believes that you have to wear magic underwear all the time? Someone who believed, until 1978, that black were not fully human? Someone who beleives that the American Indians were descended from the Lost Tribes of Israel? Someone who beleives that God visits his office in Salt Lake City to talk to the LDS leaders from time to time? Joshua Crust.

LDS teaches those things. Teaches them as truth. Do not let this sort of lunatic enter into the public discourse.

Also, don't remind me that Harry Reid is a Mormon, too. I'm just trying to block that out of my mind.

2 comments:

Serge Storms said...

When I first read the headline, my subconcious saw "The question is not 'Can a Moron be President?'. The question is 'How on earth do they plan to explain Moronism and not get run out of the country?"

Pretty damn funny stuff the brain does sometimes.

Serge

tony said...

I'm not sure I follow you, TNH. Are you saying that if Canadians had it to do over again they should let King be PM? I think insanity should be a disqualifier. "Do you talk to god?" would be a good place to start the necessary examination.