20 April 2007

It's funny how understanding can creep up on you

Many years ago, I spent an agonizing evening trying to understand finance. My pal, Dr. Daniel, thought that it was just a perfectly simple subject but there was something about it that I couldn't grasp.

Time passes and I think about finance and economics from time to time and continue to tell myself I don't understand them. I read a lot of history and a lot of economic info gets filtered into me but I continue to say I don't understand finance.

The I read this blog entry. I say, as I'm reading, this is a perfectly simple subject, why would anybody not recognize these things? And then I realized that I understand finance.

The blog entry linked to above is a brilliant piece in its simplicity and the amount of information conveyed in it. It explains what the hell is wrong with the American economy and it implies why nobody will do anything about it. Read it. Learn from it.

No comments: