09 July 2007

Poisoning our pets

Disclaimer: I am an animal lover. I will go into a burning building to save my pets. I would probably go into a burning building to save your pets. Between shooting a stranger and shooting my dog, may I suggest that you not be a stranger.

It seems that the pet food industry is mostly unregulated. And we all know that in a capitalist society, unregulated translates into dangerously filthy or corrupt or some other form of unsafe in someway.

As you may be able to tell from my disclaimer, I'm the sort of person that is dismissed by non-pet people as a nut. I suspect that the pet food industry is dominated by non-pet people. It just makes a sort of Darwinian sense: people who care about animals will want to provide quality food products for them; that undoubtedly is more expensive than ignoring quality and safety. Therefore, non-pet oriented people will make larger profits in the pet food industry and will be able to survive better in our free trade economy.

I suggest that if you have a pet, you investigate non-commercial pet foods. Search the web.

No comments: