22 May 2006

Democratic Primary in Arkansas

I've got something short of an endoresement for a couple.

Paul Suskie for attorney general. I've come to understand why men's political careers begin around the time they turn 40. You start knowing people that are involved and it spreads like a fungus. In other words, I know him.

Lt. Gov. is a mess: Halter, who is a limousine liberal; Woolridge, about whom I know next to nothing; Hathorne, who is going to windup in the run-off with Halter, I'm pretty sure; and Martin, whom employed for four years at the library. I'll give the nod to Hathorne but I won't demand that people not vote for Jay Martin. He's smart. The thing I'm holding against him is his holier-than-thou version of Christianity.

In my statehouse district, I'm behind Ellison Norith becasue he asked me to be and he's strongly pro-labor.

In Distrcit 37, Gill is the campaign manager of Jerry Larkowski so if I could vote in that one, that's the way I'd go.

Those are my endorsements and none of them are born of deep conviction that the selected candidate is the one who should have the office. Lots of ennui in local politics for me right now.

2 comments:

wildhogfan said...

As for me - I am voting against the following Republicians:

Hold
Woods
Duggar

djh

wildhogfan said...

That should be "Holt" instead of "Hold"

djh