01 March 2007

Pretty damned nervy thing for a officer to do

Even an inactive one. That oath they take is for life and you just know how Dear and Glorious Leader interprets it.

Of course the way it reads makes refusing orders to attack Iran exactly the thing to do:

"I (insert name), having been appointed a (insert rank) in the U.S. Army under the conditions indicated in this document, do accept such appointment and do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter, so help me God."

That "all enemies foreign and domestic" pretty much means to me that they need to be trying to arrest Dear and Glorious Leader and his cohorts as they seem to me to be pretty serious enemies of the Constituion of the United States. Hell, they even brag about it.




ITMFA

No comments: